Inventory management/expenditures

For topics relating to the current Temple of Elemental Evil campaign.
Jordan

Inventory management/expenditures

Post by Jordan » Fri May 28, 2021 10:52 pm

Eodric spent some amount of money on getting the Horn of Ill Wind commissioned, which I can reverse engineer when I have more patience if needed.

He also hired a smith to make fancy plate mail matching his existing set.

Liz

Re: Inventory management/expenditures

Post by Liz » Sun May 30, 2021 2:45 pm

Was there anything special about these items:

4 Porcelain Vessels : these vessels are almost spherical. Worth 500GP each.
Ivory Box: an inlaid box of ivory 10x2x2," Black Tracolisk (Tsojcanth lvl 2) - no GP value

Is this magical:
Chain Shirt: Red and gold chain links, Alrim in the Fire Temple

Did we give this to the Hobgoblins:
Trident of Cold: Igwilv's Domecile

Confirmation of location:
Alina's inventory: Everburning Incense (Drelnza's tomb)

Liz

Post by Liz » Sun May 30, 2021 4:24 pm

Alright, the tracker should be up to date at this point.

I cleaned up a bunch of stuff, with the exception of the above post's questions.
Anything that was sold or added as notes on when and where in the logs.
I went through both my notebook and Joe's to reconcile assorted expenses mostly over Fireseek.

If you had a big expense and want to note/confirm just put it here and I can address it.

I do have a list of things that I have temporarily moved to The Citadel for reasons of addressing/discussing.

1) Even Chainmail, sized for a Dwarf
2) Trident of Cold (really should be paired with the magic Myrmidon armor)
3) Scale Mail + 2 : from the hide of a Spirit Naga (Naag Devata)
4) Bracers of Defense +2 : Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (lvl 1 Green Slime Lair)
5) Dwarf Skull Goblet
6) Crystal Ball : Groorg's Chest 1 (spare?)
7) Chain Shirt +1: A magical chain shirt, Romagg from the Earth Temple
8) Chain Shirt with red and gold chain links : Alrim in the Fire Temple
9) Longbow: a long bow of exceptional craftsmanship made of Hornwood (from Elmo)
10) Crossbow bolts: 20, suitable for a light crossbow (more of an FYI)
11) Ring of Warmth: magical item, +cold resistance, etc, Naag Devata

I've also placed Igwilv's painting, jewelry, and clothing into the Citadel.

Liz

Post by Liz » Sun May 30, 2021 4:56 pm

Also, here are things I have listed in the Lavender Bag of Holding. I'd like to confirm if any of these can be moved to one of our assorted chests before I just delete them from the tracker.

PP: 87
GP:
EP: 2431
SP: 3752
CP: 187

Gems:
Amethyst : 3 worth 100GP each
Garnet: 12 worth 100GP each
Pearl: 6 worth 100GP each
Tourmaline: 5 worth 100GP each
Azurite: 5 worth 100GP each
Hematite: 5 worth 100GP each
Onyx: 3 worth 50GP each
Onyx: 5 worth 150GP each
Onyx: 1 worth 300GP
Sapphire: 2 worth 500GP each
Emerald: 1 worth 1000GP

Assorted: 5 worth 10GP each
Assorted: 20 worth 50GP each

Jewelry:
Ring with Garnet: worth 350GP, a plain gold ring set with a violet garnet
Gold Ring set with Topaz: each worth 250GP, looted from the lockbox carried by the people from the Lordship of the Isles
Assorted misc: 14pcs worth 100GP each

Also the Potion of Diminuation, which we have discussed and I'm just noting here.

Liz

Post by Liz » Sun May 30, 2021 5:35 pm

Jordan wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:52 pm
Eodric spent some amount of money on getting the Horn of Ill Wind commissioned, which I can reverse engineer when I have more patience if needed.

He also hired a smith to make fancy plate mail matching his existing set.
I took out of the assorted chests 10,075GP for the Horn of Ill Wind, 2710GP for plate mail, Knock Scroll, and tipping the Academy.

If you took any of that from Eodric's personal inventory please add it back so the tracker log can remain consistent.

Blitzkraga

Post by Blitzkraga » Sun May 30, 2021 5:38 pm

So I think the Trident of Cold is on here multiple times because I was not clear while providing details.
I'll try to clarify below.
I believe that we found a suit of some medium armor and the Trident of Cold when we defeated those water elementals.
I believe that we discovered the armor can be used by a method we don't know to make a Myrmidon Water Elemental.
I believe that we decided we didn't care about making/remaking a Myrmidon.
I believe we gave the Trident of Cold to the Hobgoblins.
But, I DO NOT KNOW what we did with the armor.
The theory has been floated that we gave it to the Academy.
We also could have given it to the Hobgoblins, told them what we found out, and wished them luck.

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Sun May 30, 2021 10:17 pm

Liz wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:56 pm
Also, here are things I have listed in the Lavender Bag of Holding. I'd like to confirm if any of these can be moved to one of our assorted chests before I just delete them from the tracker.

PP: 87
GP:
EP: 2431
SP: 3752
CP: 187

Gems:
Amethyst : 3 worth 100GP each
Garnet: 12 worth 100GP each
Pearl: 6 worth 100GP each
Tourmaline: 5 worth 100GP each
Azurite: 5 worth 100GP each
Hematite: 5 worth 100GP each
Onyx: 3 worth 50GP each
Onyx: 5 worth 150GP each
Onyx: 1 worth 300GP
Sapphire: 2 worth 500GP each
Emerald: 1 worth 1000GP

Assorted: 5 worth 10GP each
Assorted: 20 worth 50GP each

Jewelry:
Ring with Garnet: worth 350GP, a plain gold ring set with a violet garnet
Gold Ring set with Topaz: each worth 250GP, looted from the lockbox carried by the people from the Lordship of the Isles
Assorted misc: 14pcs worth 100GP each

Also the Potion of Diminuation, which we have discussed and I'm just noting here.
Moving the silver, copper, and electrum to the chests so as not to clog the bag of holding seems reasonable.

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Sun May 30, 2021 10:20 pm

Liz wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:24 pm
I do have a list of things that I have temporarily moved to The Citadel for reasons of addressing/discussing.

1) Even Chainmail, sized for a Dwarf
2) Trident of Cold (really should be paired with the magic Myrmidon armor)
3) Scale Mail + 2 : from the hide of a Spirit Naga (Naag Devata)
4) Bracers of Defense +2 : Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (lvl 1 Green Slime Lair)
5) Dwarf Skull Goblet
6) Crystal Ball : Groorg's Chest 1 (spare?)
7) Chain Shirt +1: A magical chain shirt, Romagg from the Earth Temple
8) Chain Shirt with red and gold chain links : Alrim in the Fire Temple
9) Longbow: a long bow of exceptional craftsmanship made of Hornwood (from Elmo)
10) Crossbow bolts: 20, suitable for a light crossbow (more of an FYI)
11) Ring of Warmth: magical item, +cold resistance, etc, Naag Devata

I've also placed Igwilv's painting, jewelry, and clothing into the Citadel.
1--no idea here
2--agree with Grant that the Hobgoblins have it, that's what we told Dave on Friday.
3--no idea here
4--are these not in Joe's inventory?
5--trashed on Friday
6--no idea here
7--no idea here
8--no idea here
9--no idea here
10--Dave said on Friday that mundane equipment of that nature is not worth tracking
11--no idea here

quasadu
Site Admin

Post by quasadu » Sun May 30, 2021 10:32 pm

Jordan wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:20 pm
Dave said on Friday that mundane equipment of that nature is not worth tracking
Indeed. My ruling is generally going to be that - as long as you have access to your HQ and Highport at large, and a reasonable amount of time - you can acquire basically any mundane equipment/goods/services found in the PHB at will, and without bothering to track what you spent on it. Within reason. This is another one of those ruling that falls under the "as long as you're not abusing it" heading.

Note that this does not include healing potions. And you should still make sure you know exactly what you are carrying on your person at any given time, especially when away from Highport.

Stray thought - As I am typing this it reminds me of some of the stuff in the Strongholds and Followers book about stronghold benefits. I may look through that and see if I can write up something a little more formal than the above....

Liz

Post by Liz » Mon May 31, 2021 1:09 pm

Verthas has the +3 Bracers of Defense (in use, from Naag Devata).
We've gotten two different +2 Bracers of Defense.
Verthas has the pair from Drexana (just holding, has ok'd move to armory),
and we have a +2 from the Green Slime Lair that are not in use by anyone, apparently.

I will move the CP, SP, and EP to a chest from the Lavender Bag of Holding.

I will remove the Trident of Cold, the Dwarf Skull Goblet, the crossbow bolts from inventory.

It sounds like these things are unclaimed and thus can be considered part of the armory.
Please speak up if your character wants to claim something, otherwise I think they should either be in the armory in the Citadel or the compound.

1) Elven Chainmail, sized for a Dwarf
2) Scale Mail + 2 : from the hide of a Spirit Naga (Naag Devata)
3) Crystal Ball : Groorg's Chest 1 (Blackstone keep, a spare for Alina?)
4) Chain Shirt +1: A magical chain shirt, Romagg from the Earth Temple (Temple of Elemental Evil)
5) Chain Shirt with red and gold chain links : Alrim in the Fire Temple (Temple of Elemental Evil)
6) Longbow: a long bow of exceptional craftsmanship made of Hornwood (from Elmo/Homleteers)
7) Ring of Warmth: magical item, +cold resistance, etc, Naag Devata
8) Bracers of Defense +2 (Green Slime Lair)
9) Bracers of Defense +2 (Drexana)

Questions for the DM:
Is this magical:
Chain Shirt with red and gold chain links : Alrim in the Fire Temple (Temple of Elemental Evil)

Are these are just full of non magical lotions and beauty stuff:
4 Porcelain Vessels : these vessels are almost spherical. Worth 500GP each. (Drelnza's tomb.)

I need a GP value for:
Ivory Box: an inlaid box of ivory 10x2x2," Black Dracolisk (Tsojcanth lvl 2) - no GP value
(I think it had something inside before that has since been moved/used.)

Also, we sussed out that Phaerus has the magical Water Elemental/Myrmidon Armor and it is in a chest.

quasadu
Site Admin

Post by quasadu » Mon May 31, 2021 5:09 pm

Liz wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 1:09 pm

Is this magical:
Chain Shirt with red and gold chain links : Alrim in the Fire Temple (Temple of Elemental Evil)
Yes, +1.
Liz wrote:
Are these are just full of non magical lotions and beauty stuff:
4 Porcelain Vessels : these vessels are almost spherical. Worth 500GP each. (Drelnza's tomb.)
They were found empty.
Liz wrote:
I need a GP value for:
Ivory Box: an inlaid box of ivory 10x2x2," Black Dracolisk (Tsojcanth lvl 2) - no GP value
(I think it had something inside before that has since been moved/used.)
300gp. It had the wand of magic missiles.

Liz

Post by Liz » Mon May 31, 2021 5:17 pm

Excellent, thank you. I have updated the entry in the tracker for the chain shirt.

Unless anyone wants:

1) Ivory inlaid box, 10x2x2," 300GP value
2) Porcelain Vessels (probably nice for storing incense or lotions), 4x 500GP each

I will go ahead and sell them.

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:04 pm

In the process of making sure Eodric's paper inventory is going to be completely thorough for when we start in-person sessions again, and it just occurred to me there's not a single gold coin in the bag of holding, from the looks of it. Is that correct? If so, where is our gold? I'd like to have a minimum of a couple hundred gp in the bag, if we can rearrange it from somewhere else and no one has any objections.

Liz

Post by Liz » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:36 pm

I did find it strange there was no gold in the Lavender bag of holding but we do have plenty of gold elsewhere.

Add 500GP to that bag, I will remove it from a chest.
Considering you have around 10K GP of gems and jewelry in that bag already, including very small pieces, I thought not having straight GP would not be an issue.

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:39 pm

The gp is just the most convenient for immediate purchases without making change. Thanks!

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:43 pm

Oh, another question--for this item "Gold Ring set with Topaz: each worth 250GP, looted from the lockbox carried by the people from the Lordship of the Isles" what does the "each" refer to? Are there multiple, or is it the ring and the gem?

Liz

Post by Liz » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:53 pm

There are three rings of that design, each worth 250GP.

I would not recommend selling them in Dyvers.
Last edited by Liz on Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blitzkraga

Post by Blitzkraga » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:41 pm

I'm guessing that +2 scale mail is non metallic. If it were I might have a use for it.

Haust is full up on attunement items, but If anyone isn't they should consider that Ring of Warmth. We just used a wish for group wide, but lesser, bonus.

In Joe's system, do we have containers for the NPCs that have some of our magic items? (i.e. Pearl, Irursk, Velena, etc.)

Liz

Post by Liz » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:09 pm

Correct,that +2 Scale Mail from the hide of a Spirit Naga is non metallic.

Pearl did have a container but it has been emptied. Joe kept track of Irursk via paper. No other NPCs had a container.

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Liz wrote:

It sounds like these things are unclaimed and thus can be considered part of the armory.
Please speak up if your character wants to claim something, otherwise I think they should either be in the armory in the Citadel or the compound.

1) Elven Chainmail, sized for a Dwarf
2) Scale Mail + 2 : from the hide of a Spirit Naga (Naag Devata)
3) Crystal Ball : Groorg's Chest 1 (Blackstone keep, a spare for Alina?)
4) Chain Shirt +1: A magical chain shirt, Romagg from the Earth Temple (Temple of Elemental Evil)
5) Chain Shirt with red and gold chain links : Alrim in the Fire Temple (Temple of Elemental Evil)
6) Longbow: a long bow of exceptional craftsmanship made of Hornwood (from Elmo/Homleteers)
7) Ring of Warmth: magical item, +cold resistance, etc, Naag Devata
8) Bracers of Defense +2 (Green Slime Lair)
9) Bracers of Defense +2 (Drexana)
If there is no one interested in these items, I'm going to list the various arms and armors as part of the Citadel armory on my character sheet. The Ring of Warmth and Crystal Ball will need to be marked as going somewhere, but otherwise, into the Citadel it will be.

Liz

Post by Liz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:50 pm

I'm sure the Ring of Warmth and the spare Crystal Ball will be safe in the Citadel armory along with that other stuff.

Douglas

Post by Douglas » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:14 pm

Replying here because more input was requested.

I have tracked absolutely zero of the GP, PP, SP, CP, and Gems. literally none of it. Phaerus keeps like 50 gp on him for random items. It was my assumption that we had all of out parties' wealth contained in Bags of holding, and Verthas' belt pouches. this means that Doug has no clue how much money we have.

I think any question on magical items that is up in the air being retained in the citadel is fine.

I also think that we should have some solution to the current liquidity we have and determine how much of our collective wealth we each have. I know the idea is (because we are all fancy rich people now) that it's kind of nebulous.

However, RP about the wealth is something that I think is relevant? I also do feel like my "let's all have a chest" thing is a great idea - Since getting mundane things is acceptable, and Mike and I are going to go in on the design/ setup of the HQ areas.

Phaerus will make it part of his priorities when he returns to the city - Get us all chests. lol.

I am not sure what else I can input on the treasure, as the only things Phaerus picked up were confirmed to be on him still, and my only missed thing was that I had used the Maze spell.

All of this to say that <essentially> I am fine with whatever consensus you come to about the items and wealth. were there glaring things that differed from Joe's paper account once you went through it?

Liz

Post by Liz » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:00 pm

I'm cleaning up a few last things from this thread, but I'll note we have seven chests that can easily be split up amoung our assorted rooms, and Orianne is already taking one (and I will manage that myself). We can certainly get a couple more; the current chests are varying degrees of half to 3/4 full. It just depends on how much more you want to split up the wealth across them.

Phaerus' assorted expenditures have been logged across sessions. (Joe has been fastidious about making note of those things in his journal then updating the tracker at home.) We've been working under the assumption that 'hand wavy' our characters all have access to the assorted chests for purchases with generic coins, so unless someone wanted a specific type of gem or jewelry or whatever for a transaction or event, those have been left largely intact as a resource. (Which means Phaerus will benefit from the nicest pieces for his new ritual dagger.)

I'm not worried about RPing wealth, I just wanted to get the tracker up to date. The worst offenders were big trades/sales mostly from Orianne trekking around town to sell furniture (etc), then some confusion about items brought up in this thread, and not a wealth discrepancy issue. I needed to answer the question of "is 18k something I can reasonably pull from for boots, and if so, where and how."

quasadu
Site Admin

Post by quasadu » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:51 pm

It would be helpful to know roughly how much money your NPC allies and hirelings have. Pearl and Celeste were both pretty destitute when you took them on. I assume that has changed. (certainly for Pearl but I don't know how much cash on hand she would have - perhaps Celeste is just being provided for but not given any cash?)

Darvin and Velena would probably have a bit of a nest egg, too. Yemni and the Elites have also been getting paid. Not sure about other NPC's.

Liz

Post by Liz » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:18 am

I honestly don't know what amount would be proper for that, someone else is going to have to make suggestions. I can certainly move resources from containers and "give" them to the respective NPCs that other players are managing, but I'm not going to unilaterally designate said amount, because I am bad at that.